Okay just a pre-warning, this is a mini vent post. Sometimes I just need to get things off my chest and this has been bothering me.
I am NOT asking you to do it. I am NOT asking you to try. I am not saying you are weak because you didn't do it. I am not asking for a response from you at all, except for maybe if you are my dear friend or family member because I need your support.
These are the thoughts that go through my head after every time I tell someone I plan on trying natural childbirth, i.e. forgo an epidural. You simply asked, and I gave you my honest answer. It is something that I want to try. I have a desire in my heart to TRY. I am not saying that absolutely not, I am not going to have something help me get through the pain. I am just saying I want to try. It is something that I have thought about for a while.
And I don't need your rudeness, "Oh you won't be able to do that," well thanks for your opinion but I don't want it.
"Well you are going to change your mind," well again, thanks for your negativity, but I didn't ask your opinion.
"Why would you want to do that, I had one and my delivery was perfect, I felt so good," well I am glad that you had a positive birth experience, but that was YOUR experience and I feel I have the right to try my labor and delivery the way I want to.
As the time gets closer to deliver this precious gift God is going to loan CJ and I, I get asked more often how I plan on delivering and I get these remarks back from every single person. I can honestly say only a few people, well actually only 2 and both of these had natural childbirth, people have given me words of encouragement. Maybe it's because they have done it and know that it is physically possible, or maybe because they don't want to hurt my feelings, but whatever their reason I wish that everyone else who thinks it's even their business to ask would do the same. Lift me up with words of encouragement, tell me that you are praying for a safe and healthy momma and baby, give me a hug and say nothing if that's what you need to do, just please please please
Keep YOUR negativity to YOURSELF!
Okay, mini-vent over. But seriously, why are people so rude?
Faithful!
13 years ago


Oh girl!! I know you can do it!! I too want to have natural childbirth, so I can see how you would be frustrated!!
ReplyDelete