Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nameless

I never know what to title my blogs, every name I come up with seems silly. So this one is to remain nameless. So what has happened since I last posted...

Saturday my sweet mother-in-love came to teach me how to sew! My mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas and my sweet brother-in-love gave me a gift card to JoAnn's fabrics, so we went and got some fabric, a pattern for a sweet little girl dress and pant outfit. After getting stuff from JoAnn's we went and had some yummy lunch from Chick-fil-A. Then we came back to my house and got to sewing. It was tons of fun, although I am not the fastest or greatest at it yet, I will get better. Here are some pictures of what I have made.

Love this fabric!

I gave this one to a friend at work who is 3 weeks ahead of me. 

I made this dress for my sweet niece Allie Joy. I loved this fabric!
This was a onsie we got in Baby H's stocking from Lolly and G-Pops, this is the front 
And this is the back! I think it turned out super cute, and hopefully Christie or I will have a girl, if not I will just have to find someone to give this too!

And Saturday CJ had his first class for TeachTexas, where he is getting his teaching certificate for high school math. I was thinking that this class would probably be small, like 20 people, boy was I wrong. CJ said that there were at least 200 people in there!! I guess with the economy people are realizing that teaching is a good career that is always in need, or at least it seems that way. 

Then Sunday we went to church and I was not feeling very well after so my amazing Hubby went to the grocery store (which we desperately needed). Well, when we were getting ready to leave church it started SNOWING! This is what it looked like after about an hour and half of snowing
Isn't that awesome!! I can't believe we actually had snow that stuck to the ground for 2 years in a row!!

And today, well today I had another doctors appointment. It was short and sweet. I got in there, got my blood pressure and weight, she listened to the heartbeat, reassured me that ALL the rooms at Medical City for Women's health were private so I would not be sharing with anyone and didn't have to pay extra to have a private room and that was it. I got in 15 minutes before my appointment, and left 3 minutes before my scheduled time! How awesome is she?!? Love her. 

This is  picture of me today, almost 15 weeks.


Well I think that is it for now. Hope you all are staying warm in the chilly winter weather. I pray that you all have a blessed week and get to share the love of Christ with someone.





5 comments:

  1. Thanks Amanda! Did you guys get any snow? Hope that you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call it "sewing beauty"! You did a fantastic job for your first project. Keep it up sister and ill have to call you when baby "M" is in the oven ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize that room you are in!! I'm so glad you like Dr. M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, when might baby "M" be coming into the picture?!? Yes, please do call anytime!!! We miss you guys!

    Nat, I do love her! She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truth be told we've been trying but no success :( but we are keeping our heads up and our faith in the lord. I know our day will come, when HE's ready. I would love to call and catch up and plan to get dinner, lunch, something, but I dont have your new number.

    ReplyDelete