Yesterday we officially turned 17 weeks! I can't believe we are already 17 weeks but at the same time, time seems to be dragging.......... we are so eager to meet our sweet baby! In 9 more days we get to find who He has blessed us with! At first I just knew we were having a boy. I was kinda sad because I thought bows and ruffles would be so much fun, but in the past week or so I have realized that I am scared, to tears literally, to have a girl. Why you ask? Because I was one! Oh my goodness, I can not imagine having to raise me. I think my mom is a saint, looking back at all that I put her through. I am surprised she isn't in the crazy house!! I can't imagine all the shoes, clothes, bows, purses, make-up, etc. that goes along with a girl. And well let's not even think about hormones and boys!
I think in some ways that the world is even harder for girls these days. With all the pressure to be thin and look "hot". My prayer, not only to have a healthy baby, but that we are able to instill the values of Christ in our child, no matter what their gender, and to value themselves as a precious treasure and child of Him.
To our sweet little one,
In about 23 more weeks you will make your debut into this beautiful, though harsh world. Your mommy and daddy are so eager to meet you and finally see your beautiful face that took 9 months to perfect. We think and dream of what you will be like, who you will look like, how big you will be, to learn your sweet personality.
We have dreamed of you for a long time, when we were dating and knew that we would get married one day, we dreamt of you. We talked about, and still do, what we are looking forward to doing when you get here. We can't wait to have family pictures made, we are so excited about family vacations, there are so many places we want to take you! We have plans to go to baseball games, the Rangers of course, and to basketball games, Go Mavs! Your daddy can't wait to coach your t-ball team and Little Dribblers team, and mommy will be there cheering you on! We love to go to the pool and to the lake, grill out and sit on the back porch. I am getting excited just typing this!
We love you more than we ever even knew possible. And we can't wait to show you this beautiful world that He has made.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
Faithful!
13 years ago


Boys are so fun! They love their mommies!!
ReplyDelete