Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Step Closer

Well we had a biggest payment for Nigeria due this week. With that one out of the way we went and got our vaccines, which I may add were $$ and not that bad painful!! The yellow fever vaccine hurt the most and left a nice round red quarter size marks on our arms. Later that night our pastor came over along with my dear friend Britne, who will be going to Nigeria with us, and we went over our not so set in stone, itinerary. CJ has already started writing about this journey He is taking us on and will continue to do so until we get back. I am going to be getting my lessons prepared, I am teaching at the nursing school and midwifery school, scary I know. I am also going to be working in surgery with the orthopedic surgeon who is going with us, in the NICU, and then also in the L&D ward. I am also going to be giving malaria vaccines and doing other small things in the "bush" which is basically the wilderness. The Fulani people are nomadic, following their cattle, some more than other and the ones far out in the bush are very nomadic. Please continue to pray for our trip, our hearts, and the Fulani people.

We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment