Undoubtedly you have probably heard the well known phase, "Doubting Thomas". Most don't even know what it means or why people say it, but still we say it.
This is what our service was over today. How the faith of one of His 12 Disciples, one of the chosen ones, doubted when he had been told our Savior had risen from the dead. Hinting his name, Doubting Thomas. In fact, He said that He would "never believe" unless he saw some physical proof, he needed to touch His hands and sides. It made me stop and think, how many times have I tried to test God, from saying well if you do this God or if you don't do this God then I will do this or that. In Matthew 4 the devil tries to tempt Jesus to throw himself off the top of the temple mocking Jesus saying well it is written,"He will command his angels to bear you up so you don't get hurt," and Jesus says "YOu shall not put the Lord your God to the test."
I think that is is human nature to try to "bargain with" or "test" God, because we feel like we need physical proof, we need to see it to believe, just like Thomas. Verse 29 of John 4 says "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Father please help to have belief beyond doubting. Please let me learn to take the next steps that I need to, knowing that you are right there taking carrying me the whole time. I want to have the faith of a child, knowing that you are always there because that is what you promised us, to never let us go.
P.S. tomorrow is the big day, we find out who is doing all this dancing in my belly! Will keep you updated...........maybe ;)
Faithful!
13 years ago


I hope you get a 4D!!! Even if we don't get to see the "Turtle or Hamburger" at least we can see his/HER sweet little face!!! I'm so excited for you friend!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI would like you to know I am mad at you! It bothers me that you know if you having a boy or girl but you have left your blog world in the dark.. LAME!
ReplyDelete