Saturday, November 27, 2010

Morning, Noon, and Night

That's the new name I have given to "morning" sickness. For the past week and a half, starting the very first day of week 6, I have been nauseous from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed, and at this point I would have been very grateful if it stayed that way because a few days after being continuously nauseous the vomiting started. And not just once or twice a day, average has been 10-14 times!! Yes, you read correctly, 10-14!! I feel like my esophagus is eroding away. It has been awful :(

But fortunately I have the WORLD'S BEST husband who has waited on me hand and foot. He has been absolutely amazing, word's can not express how much I love him. God is awesome! He has cooked, and cleaned (even the bathrooms!!), catered to me whenever I feel like something might taste good, which in the end never does, rubs my back, my feet, my head. Really he just does anything and everything to help me feel better! I must be am definitely the luckiest girl in the world.

For all of those who know you know that I am the worst hypochondriac in existence. Which has not been helped my being pregnant or reading "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" and "What to Expect when You are Expecting". CJ and I have been reading these books, and every time we come across something that "may harm" or isn't recommended I feel like I have done. For instance,
1. Paint my finger nails
2. Used a permanent marker
3. Used kitchen cleaner to clean the cabinet
4. Drank a flavored water with sucralose
5. Took a warm bath that turned my skin pink, not red, but pink

After I do each one of these things I think, "Oh no, I wasn't supposed to do that!! " "Did I hurt the baby?" my mind just races and I start texting my friends who have had babies and get all in a panic.
Well after one of my panicked texts my dear sweet friend Missy came over. She was as sweet and loving as anyone could be and just told me plain and simply, "stop letting the Devil take away the Joy that God has given you, He wants to take this miraculous joyful time and make it just the opposite. God loves your baby more than you do and He will protect me and the baby." Wow, what an amazing insight to be given. She is absolutely correct!!

And so from there was born my new attitude. Do what I know to be right, stay healthy, and fully rely on God to give us a healthy baby. How glorious to know that He loves my baby more than we do!

God is so Good!


"Every good and perfect gift comes down form the Father who created all the lights in the Heavens." James 1: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment