Saturday, October 30, 2010

Better Late than never!

I can not believe I have not blogged in a few months!! Well actually I can, we have been busy to say the least. After about 2 1/2 years of marriage we hit a snag, priorities got changed, and we were losing sight of what was important. So after lots of prayer, digging into God's word, support from family and friends, prayer from family and friends, and giving up some of our priorities crap like facebook, nintendo's, and well any extra diversion from internet and T.V. I am beyond thankful to say we are back and better than ever (don't worry he knows i am on right now, he is watching the world series and I am blogging). God is so good and has shown me and my husband what unconditional love looks and feels like. I am so thankful for a husband who never gave up on me and a Father who knew my crap before I was born and still loved me! After a couple rough months I can say with 100% confidence that God is the center of our marriage, and our lives, which is the only way that marriage will work. And wow, what an amazing 1 1/2 months it has been since we figured this out! God is Good  Great. Period.

So some things that have gone on in our lives since I last blogged.......Africa!! We have gone and returned from Africa since I last blogged. It was an amazing, unforgettable time that we will never forget. God is definitely moving in Nigeria. Here are a couple of pics, I will post lots more in my next blog.

CJ with Brother James and Adai

Me with one of the local Nigerian children.

CJ has also been praying about a career change, yes before he even started his journalism career. He has felt that God has really placed it on his heart to be a teacher and coach. So in January he will start his iTeach Texas, alternative certification process. I am so proud of him and know that he will be an amazing teacher and coach and know that he will be able to show the kids he works with and coaches what a Godly Christian man should look like. Plus I get to be a coaches wife :) I know that God will do great things through him, and that makes the journey worth it!

Adding to the list of stuff that has happened since I have been MIA, my sister and her sweet family moved to our neighborhood!! She got a job at my hospital and they moved 6 streets over from us! It has been sooo much fun and we have really enjoyed having them close to us so we can see them and our sweet niece and nephews more often! 



Also just today my sweet husband threw me a surprise birthday party! I turned 25 on Thursday and he surprised me with a birthday party with all of our family and sweet friends. He is amazing and I am so thankful for the amazing friends God has placed in our lives!

Goodness we have been busy! I hope that each of you are making Christ the center of your life. He wants the very best for you and the only way to get that is through Him. I have grown so much over this past month and a half, I can't believe that I was trying to do it all on my own, that I was somehow going to be able to make my life better than He could. Boy was I wrong :) and I am glad that I have figured that out and let Him take over. What a weight lifted off my shoulders! He is AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, My husband and I went through a rough patch about a year ago and it was probably the best thing that happened to us. It made us realize how important God was in our marriage. I'm glad everything is good for you now. We really do serve an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girl! How are you two doing? When are you guys going to be trying to have a little one? Are you done with school yet? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete