Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Heavy Heart, Joyful Soul

God is good great isn't He? Even though we don't understand His perfect plan, it is perfect. This week has proved to be challenging and has given me chances to sing praise. It is mind boggling how the Lord works? I am glad that I am not supposed to understand His ways, because I am just not that smart, Period.

My week began somberly on Monday as I had to experience my first end of life care, meaning we withdrew care on my patient. She was what we call my "primary" meaning the parents had requested me to always have their child when I came to work. She has been with us since December, so we have had time to bond. These parents were amazing and really showed their faith in Him by making the decision that they did. It was a very peaceful passing, all of their family was there and they knew that the instant she took her last breath on Earth she was taking her first breath in Heaven. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do, but I found joy knowing that she was no longer struggling for life here on Earth.

More joyful news was that my follow up visit for my abnormal test went great! My doctor did a biopsy but said that it was nothing that alarmed her or made her worry. Hallelujah!! God is good great! I have a follow up in 6 months and then i will just be followed once a year. Praise the Lord for he is mighty to save! "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save," Zephaniah 3:17


Tomorrow we are dropping our fur baby off a my parents-in-love house for the night and we are going to stay in Tyler at my Dad and Patty's new house. We are so excited because we are going to do lots of fun things while we are there! I am going to help my sis get her house ready for the lady from the state to come and do their home inspection, we are going to watch Brant play baseball (sooo excited), and most importantly we are going to get to spend some good quality time with the family!

Friday night we are eating dinner at some of our friends house and making homemade pizza! They just bought a new bread maker and some how they make pizza dough with it, I don't know how, but it sounds fun!!!

We got our papers notarized yesterday for H.E.L.P. and got them in the mail today. Thank you to everyone who has donated toward our trip. We ask that you all continue to pray for us, and for God to move in the lives of the Fulani people.

No comments:

Post a Comment