Well today has been a day among days. It started out wonderful CJ and I got up together and got ready for our day. It is always nice to wake up at the same time and see my handsome husband's face while I am thanking Him for a new day.
So I then headed out to Athens because our sweet Allie cakes was having her pictures made. Crista Couch took her pictures and she was amazing! What a kind, sweet woman of Christ. Check out her amazing work at Cristacouchphotography.com As we were about to wrap up Crista said I could snap one picture with my own camera. Of course me and my mom ran to Courtney's car to get our cameras and I left my door open, ran back snapped my picture, and then was taking Allie back to the car to get her buckled in. As soon as I shut the door I saw thing Monster! a Bird! There was a bird in the car, I flung the door open and got out so quickly I can't believe I didn't loose my balance. I ran back in the studio and my mom went and opened up all the car doors, but I guess that birdie was just as scared as I was and flew out with all of my commotion. Goodness. Here is the one picture that Crista graciously let me take!
So then all 4 of us got back into the car, and as Courtney was starting it up I looked over out toward the highway and saw leaves flying and dust everywhere and heard a large bang. My heart sank, someone just flew off the road and into the trees. Crista came running out of her studio and Courtney pulled the car onto the side of the highway and she and I jumped out and ran to the accident. It was a sweet old man and a younger lady. A tree was lying on top of the car, but both of them were able to get out, the older gentlemen with the help of some gentlemen who pulled over and helped him. I called 911 when we saw the the accident so the ambulance was there about 10 minutes after we got there. They took them both to the ER. Praise the Lord for being with them and keeping them safe.
So after leaving the accident we start out for our mom's house again. My phone started ringing and it said unavailable, I normally don't answer those calls but this time I did. It was my doctor's office. She said that my test had come back slightly abnormal and they needed to see me again. My heart sank. Abnormal? Why? How? Best case scenario it was just some inflammation that threw the test off, worst case scenario it is pre-cancerous cells. That word is just plain scary. The nurse said if it is pre-cancerous cells they can get rid of them then and there at my appointment. Praise the Lord! For those who know me I am an emotionally person, so being me I cried all the way home. Thankfully I have a God who is mighty and just. And a husband who is my best friend.
"The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made." Psalm 145: 8-9
This is the verse that I have found peace in today. I have been given more than anyone deserves and I know the Lord has a great plan for me. I ask for your prayers and support. CJ and I are not letting this get us down, we are thankful for each other and life He has given us!
Faithful!
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment